Tuesday, September 20, 2011

easier .. for now

it's true, it does get easier. but at the same time, it gets harder. juggling schedules, increasing your knowledge base while still retaining all of last semester's information, and refining your bedside manners. at least i have come to an understanding that my anxiety, while not abnormal, is typically too bountiful and useless. sure, it keeps me on my toes, but it should never create knots in my stomach or prevent me from getting a good night's sleep anymore. i am competent, i just need to work on my confidence as a health care provider.

luckily, my outlook appears to be brighter than before due to my awesome peers, easy to work with mentors, and my supportive instructor who understands, more than anyone else I've met, what it feels like to be in our [clinical] shoes.

my anxiety level has significantly decreased. let's hope this becomes a lasting trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment